22. NICOLAI HARTMANN AND PAUL RICOEUR IN DIALECTICS: ON TWO CONTEMPORARY PHENOMENOLOGICAL-HERMENEUTICAL RE-READINGS OF ARISTOTLE’S DOCTRINE OF POWER AND ACTION
Vinicio Busacchi (University of Cagliari) 
Simonluca Pinna (University of Cagliari)
Aristotle’s doctrine of power and action constitutes one of the majors problematic and speculative axes of Nicolai Hartmann’s book Möglichkeit und Wirklichkeit (1938). This is a research largely developed around the ontological problem of the real and its distinctions. In it, the modal classical categories are studied to differentiate and analyze the modes of the being.
Aristotle’s doctrine of power and action plays a central argumentative-speculative role in Paul Ricoeur’s book Soi-même comme un autre (1990). In this research, which develops a phenomological-hermeneutics of the self, Ricoeur investigates Aristotle’s doctrine in order to provide a stronger ontological base for his philosophy of the capable human being.
The panel aims (1) to put in parallel different phenomenological approaches applied on two different domains (reality and subjectivity) and (2) to explore some correlations in Hartmann and Ricoeur’s interpretation of Aristotle’s doctrine of power and action.
- abstracts should be sent to :
- languages accepted: English and French
- duration of the paper: 40 min
Abstracts should have:
- Title of communication
- Abstracts (max 250 words)
- Keywords (5 to 10 words)